Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for CARE International Recruitment 2020.
CARE International is one of the World’s leading humanitarian and development organizations. Founded in 1945, CARE has been fighting global poverty and defending the dignity of people around the world, working in over 90 countries around the globe. It is a global confederation of 14 members and 4 candidates/affiliate organizations working together to end poverty.
In 2017, CARE worked in 93 countries around the world, implementing 950 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects. We reached more than 62 million people directly and 216 million people indirectly
Company: CARE International
Job type: Full-Time
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Zonal Project Officers
The Zonal Project Officers will oversee the effective execution and coordination of all GSAM activities within the specific GSAM zone through partner CSOs. They will maintain effective collaboration with the GSAM Project Management Unit to ensure the achievement of the overall goal of the Project under the GSAM Consortium. The Zonal Project Officers will undertake regular approved travel to project districts/communities across the specific GSAM Zone. They will also build the capacity of partner CSO staff to implement GSAM and measure changes and lessons in the project operational areas.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
Working as the Zonal focal person to oversee the planning and implementation of GSAM activities across regions, districts, and communities within the specific zone.
• Providing capacity strengthening for partner CSOs on the project within the specific zone to ensure effective project implantation.
• Providing technical support to CSO partners to lead other citizens to engage in detailed monitoring of MMDA social service delivery in the 50 districts using community scorecards.
• Supporting CSOs to facilitate dialogue between citizens and local government officials through community interface meetings, town hall meetings, community durbars, etc.
• Supporting citizens and CSOs to engage in public policy and advocacy campaigns to disseminate citizen feedback on MMDA social service delivery within the specific zone.
• Working closely with the Finance and Grants Manager to manage sub-grantees within your zone and institute a system to track and monitor the implementation, results, and close-out of the sub-grantee awards.
• Producing monthly and quarterly briefs to supervisor on status of project implementation within the specific zone.
• Working with the M&E coordinator and other national staff to produce credible, timely, and high-quality donor reports.
• Ensure gender sensitive implementation of GSAM within the GSAM Zone
• A minimum qualification of under-graduate degree in Development Planning, Social Sciences, Public Administration, Project Management, or other related fields from a recognized University. A post-graduate degree in the relevant areas will be advantageous.
• A least 3 years’ experience in project planning, management, community/governance work especially at the local level
• Excellent skills in community mobilization and facilitation,
• Citizen- local government engagement processes,
• Excellent negotiation and public speaking skills,
• Ability to assist in collecting required data, analyze, integrate and use such data and further assist in developing strategies and plan to resolve them,
• Excellent Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Excellent oral and written English is required. Fluency in some of the local language(s) spoken at the communities of the GSAM Northern Zone and Volta would be an asset.
• Commitment to achieving results, deadline-driven, proactive, and self-motivated.
• Demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity and experience.
• Ability to build and work in a team
• Good relationship and learning skills
• Ability to Multitask, work under pressure and deliver
• Excellent writing, presentation, and reporting skills
Job Title: Driver
• The Driver will be based in the Tamale Sub Office. He will be on Ghana’s Strengthening Accountability Mechanisms Project (GSAM). The basic responsibility is to drive CARE vehicles and undertake errands in Tamale and the Project area and for official trips. He/she will also be responsible to ensure that the GSAM vehicle is maintained and in optimum condition.
Under the supervision of the Tamale Sub-office Administrative Assistant,
Key Areas of Responsibilities
• Drive the GSAM and CARE vehicles carefully ensuring the security of passengers and vehicle, in accordance with national and local traffic regulations and other relevant laws.
• Ensure that passengers observe safety measures established by CARE and local laws especially regarding the wearing of seat belts.
• Maintain up to date vehicle logbook and the vehicle maintenance record book and provide monthly reports on vehicle usage
• Ensure the maintenance of CARE vehicles and following up on repairs to guarantee optimum Conditions
• Ensure genuine parts are used on vehicles- NO alteration is to be made to any vehicle unless with the prior approval of the Sub office Operations Manager. Old parts changed must be made available for inspection.
• Develop a schedule for renewing relevant documents of vehicles.
• Provide assistance for administrative task relevant to CARE.
• Execute any other task assigned by the supervisor
• A minimum qualification of O’Level / JSS /SSCE Certificate or its equivalent with experience in auto mechanic. He must also have knowledge in English and be able to communicate efficiently in the English language.
• At least 5 years working experience preferably in an NGO environment
• Basic knowledge in computer software applications
• Good interpersonal skill, Diversity and respect
• Ability to work with less supervision
• Ability to building trust and commitment for action
• Integrity and Accountability
How to Apply for CARE International Recruitment
Interested candidates should submit their applications and detailed CVs electronically to [email protected] with the job title as the subject line.
PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
• Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
• Closing date for submission of applications is Friday, 30th October 2020.
• Applicants should be aware that CARE has zero-tolerance for fraud and corruption and toward any kind of harassment, exploitation, and abuse.
Application Deadline: 30th October 2020.