Yesterday, August 5,2020 customers of Defunct DKM Microfinance Company Limited received good news when over 300 customers names were listed by GCB Bank as people who are going to receive their locked up funds.
This is in fulfilment of the President’s promise during his 4th State of the Nation Address (SONA) which happened on February 20, 2020, when he mentioned that his government has made all the necessary arrangements to pay all depositors of failed regulated financial institutions, including DKM.
President Akufo-Addo further explained that his government has made available an extra GH¢5 billion to effect payment of all affected depositors of failed financial institutions all their moneys.
The payment of the money’s to these depositors at this time is very important and significant because President John Dramani Mahama has also promise to pay all depositors of the failed or affected banks and Microfinance institutions that succumbed to the banking sector clean up within just a year.
But government has insisted that over 90 percent of the customers have been paid since the assumption of office by President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo and the remaining 10 percent will be paid fully by the receivers very soon.
The list of customers whose names were released by the GCB BANK yesterday, will be paid from 5th August,2020 through to 13th August 2020.
GCB Bank’s Regional Branch in Sunyani will be the recipient bank for onward transfer to branches in the other two cities.